Dr. Heywood is a member of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, and the first surgeon to perform Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TLH) at Falmouth Hospital.
We perform most major and minor laparoscopic gynecological surgeries including: hysterecotomy, cyst removal, endometrial ablation, tubal ligation. Minimally invasive surgery is becoming the standard of care. If major surgery is indicated Drs. Heywood and Speed can most often complete these surgeries in a minimally invasive fashion. The traditional hysterectomy that kept people down for several weeks with significant pain can usually be avoided with a laparoscopic hysterectomy that often enables patients to go home the same day! Too often patients struggle with heavy and irregular vaginal bleeding and assume that they have to endure this because their mother did and their grandmother did. This is simply not true, there is no reason to have this impact your life in this way. Let us help you reclaim your life and free you from the worry and annoyance of heavy bleeding! Similarly, you don't need to live with urinary incontinence! We find great pleasure in assisting with the treatment of incontinence to get your life back!
We offer the following medical services:
- Care for routine and complicated pregnancies
- Management of heavy and irregular menstrual bleeding
- Colposcopy (often done to follow up abnormal Pap tests)
- Endometrial Biopsy
- In office Endosee
- Contraception counseling
- IUD placement and removal
- Nexplanon placement and removal
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP)
- Cervical cancer screening (PAP and HPV testing)
- STD testing
- Treatment of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Treatment for Bleeding
For the right patient endometrial ablation is a life changing procedure!
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Dr. Heywood is a member of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, and the first surgeon to perform Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TLH) at Falmouth Hospital