If you are a woman, your reproductive health is critical at all stages of your life. Whether you are a teen experiencing puberty, a woman considering having children, or a woman going through menopause, you need the expertise of your GYN.
What You Need To Know About GYN Services
If you are a teen, you should see an GYN if you:
- Want to know more about birth control options
- Are concerned about sexually transmitted illnesses and diseases
- Are having severely painful, heavy, or irregular periods
If you are thinking about or trying to get pregnant, you should see an GYN if you:
- Want to know more about prenatal and fertility counseling
- Need regulation of your periods to help you get pregnant
If you are pregnant, you should see an GYN for:
- Regular pregnancy examinations
- An ultrasound at certain points in your pregnancy
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and newborn care counseling
If you are a woman going through menopause, you should see an GYN if you:
- Want relief from unpleasant menopause symptoms including night sweats, hot flashes, and mood swings
- Want to learn more about hormone replacement therapy
- Want to learn about ways to prevent bone-thinning osteoporosis
You should visit your GYN doctor for routine care, including:
- Routine reproductive exams every year to check for vaginal and cervical problems
- A pap smear to test for cervical cancer
- A breast examination to check for lumps and other abnormalities
- Ordering a mammogram and other imaging studies to check for breast cancer
You should also visit your GYN doctor for acute care, including:
- Severe, chronic pelvic pain
- Heavy and painful periods
- Irregular or absent periods
- Vaginal discharge or irritation
Your GYN doctor can help safeguard your reproductive health, which is important at all stages of your life from teen years to pregnancy, to menopause.
Want To Know More?
To learn more about when you should see an GYN doctor and how your GYN doctor can help you, call your GYN doctor today.